Thursday, May 30, 2013

Jessica's Colors Quiet Book

Hi everyone! I'm sorry that I've been MIA for the last two months. I'm pregnant with our second child right now, and I've been really, really sick. (If you've ever heard of Hyperemesis Gravidarum, that's what I have. Blech.) But I'm reaching mid-pregnancy and finally feeling better, and so I've returned! A lot of people have submitted really cute quiet books in the last couple months, and I can't wait to share them with you!

Today's cute Colors quiet book comes from Jessica of Just Enough Style. I really love the idea for this book and how well she put it together; my daughter is reaching the age where we're teaching her colors, and it would be so great to have a quiet book like this to help! Take a look!



Interview

What's your name? 
My name is Jessica, I'm a mother to 2 and love to create things for my children and home.

Who did you make this quiet book for? 

I made this quiet book for my daughter when she was 2 years old (she's 4 now).

What's your level of sewing experience? 
I would say I am an intermediate sewer. My mom taught me how to sew when I was younger and I've come to love it even more now that I have children.

How long did it take you? 
This book took me about 24 hours to make, which was spread over about a week.

Did you use any templates? 
I looked through some coloring books we already had and just used the pictures as templates.

How did you bind your quiet book? 

I punched holes in the sides and used office rings to bind it together.

What material are the pages made out of? 

Felt.

What other materials did you use? 

For the colors at the bottoms of the pages I used scrap fabric that I had on hand.

How much did all the supplies cost you?

About $5.

What's your favorite page? 
The color Orange. The fish are so fun to take out and play with on the other pages.

If you have anything else you'd like to add, please do!

Since it has been a couple of years since I have made this I learned that the grapes page was better by adding velcro. That way the pieces can be removed and played with.


To see more pictures and explanations of Jessica's Colors quiet book, check it out on her blog here: Colors Quiet Book.

Jessica made two more quiet books, an ABC quiet book and a Quick and Easy Quiet Book. She made both from patterns she purchased on Etsy.

To see Jessica's ABC quiet book on her blog, click here: ABC Quiet Book
To visit the Etsy shop where she purchased the pattern, click here: Shelley Wallace Quiet Book Patterns

To see Jessica's Quick and Easy quiet book on her blog, click here: Quick and Easy Quiet Book
To visit the Etsy shop where she purchased the pattern, click here: Bugga Bugs Activity Book Patterns

Thank you so much, Jessica, for sharing all of your quiet books with us!



Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here to learn how to submit your own quiet book!

No comments:

Post a Comment